Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Results 71 to 105 of 370

    Thread: Raul Welt USA?

    1. #71
      Quote Originally Posted by blackohio View Post
      thatchers car looked like **** compared to all these. the difference between slapping **** on a car, and thinking and analyzing it.
      lol wut?
      Last edited by wnb800; 10-30-2011 at 05:22 PM.

    2. #72

    3. #73
      respect to real driver cars and car that get driven

      http://awwsheeet.com
      Boys will be boys!
      Good or Bad comments?, I dont care just keep talking about it.

    4. #74

    5. #75
      Quote Originally Posted by rc1320 View Post

      ruah-wut
      I think I want to paint my Z that color.

    6. #76
      Banner Advertiser brad@fifteen52's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 6th, 2007
      Location
      Sarasota, FL/Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      7,706
      Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
      dare I guess that this is Ken Block's car? Why doesn't he just start dating Giselle so we can really hate on him?!
      Technically, the car belongs to Brian Scotto, Ken's marketing manager and Hoonigan co-owner.

      But FWIW his girl's no slouch and wants to buy herself a '77 T/A Bandit Edition, so Scotto's still a very hatable target

    7. #77
      Quote Originally Posted by blackohio View Post
      thatchers car looked like **** compared to all these. the difference between slapping **** on a car, and thinking and analyzing it.
      Awww- you're just jealous. It's okay to hate what you can't have.
      PM Travy℠ |flickr | mikegilbertphotography.com | Everything you need to know | » | DrinkTanks | Scratch-It™ | Buy Me!
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      Keep things in Ohio under control while i'm gone. My house is full of guns if you need anything.

    8. #78
      Quote Originally Posted by brad@fifteen52 View Post
      Technically, the car belongs to Brian Scotto, Ken's marketing manager and Hoonigan co-owner.

      But FWIW his girl's no slouch and wants to buy herself a '77 T/A Bandit Edition, so Scotto's still a very hatable target
      Can you elaborate on what HOONIGAN is? Clothing, sticker cult? Anything else? Does co-owner imply that he makes money on it or vice-versa?
      Last edited by rc1320; 10-30-2011 at 06:52 PM.

    9. #79
      Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      52,215
      Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
      dare I guess that this is Ken Block's car? Why doesn't he just start dating Giselle so we can really hate on him?!
      Quote Originally Posted by brad@fifteen52 View Post
      Technically, the car belongs to Brian Scotto, Ken's marketing manager and Hoonigan co-owner.

      But FWIW his girl's no slouch and wants to buy herself a '77 T/A Bandit Edition, so Scotto's still a very hatable target
      Scotto's girlie is ****in bitchin.

      Also Scotto is a long time VWV member (brinkskan) and the former EiC of 0-60 MAG (my absolute favorite auto lifestyle magazine of all time)

    10. #80
      Member rsj0714's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 3rd, 2006
      Location
      Greensboro, NC
      Posts
      3,215
      Quote Originally Posted by brad@fifteen52 View Post
      Technically, the car belongs to Brian Scotto, Ken's marketing manager and Hoonigan co-owner.

      But FWIW his girl's no slouch and wants to buy herself a '77 T/A Bandit Edition, so Scotto's still a very hatable target
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      Scotto's girlie is ****in bitchin.

      Also Scotto is a long time VWV member (brinkskan) and the former EiC of 0-60 MAG (my absolute favorite auto lifestyle magazine of all time)
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      Station wagons are for moms and Europe.

    11. #81
      Member
      Join Date
      Mar 24th, 2001
      Location
      Beaverton, OR
      Posts
      7,103
      Quote Originally Posted by blackohio View Post
      thatchers car looked like **** compared to all these. the difference between slapping **** on a car, and thinking and analyzing it.
      Yes, it's totally lame that he hung the factory Porsche GT2 fenders just like Porsche did

    12. #82
      Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
      Yes, it's totally lame that he hung the factory Porsche GT2 fenders just like Porsche did


      And fabricated his own composite roof and interior panels for the car. It was definitely a labor of love.
      PM Travy℠ |flickr | mikegilbertphotography.com | Everything you need to know | » | DrinkTanks | Scratch-It™ | Buy Me!
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      Keep things in Ohio under control while i'm gone. My house is full of guns if you need anything.

    13. #83
      Senior Member Ducky 2.0T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2001
      Location
      Lehigh Valley
      Posts
      21,926
      Quote Originally Posted by blackohio View Post
      thatchers car looked like **** compared to all these. the difference between slapping **** on a car, and thinking and analyzing it.
      Lol.

    14. #84
      I built my 996 this way back in 2005..I LOVE the look!!



    15. #85
      Member Projekt R32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2008
      Location
      The Granite State
      Posts
      3,933
      Quote Originally Posted by Cedric_s View Post
      except you could have vife or more RWB cars for the price of one Singer.
      Who cares. its 5x prettier
      2010 S4
      1991 16v GTI
      E30 325is

    16. #86
      Member Cedric_s's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2007
      Location
      Holland
      Posts
      574
      Quote Originally Posted by Projekt R32 View Post
      Who cares. its 5x prettier
      I don't think "pretty" is what raoul-san is going for.

    17. #87
      Banned sirswank's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2003
      Location
      RI
      Posts
      7,045
      i love the idea of these cars and how they come out, but i am really sad to see them over here in the hands of the elite poser crowd. bedazzled "illest" really? if that car is used as intended, that will be ripped off on the first berm.

      love the cars, but am a huge hater of those who have trust funds and take pretty pictures and drive cars i could never afford even tho i work my ass off.

      it's looking like a legitimate tuner has sold out by catering to these faddy douches.

    18. #88
      Quote Originally Posted by sirswank View Post
      love the cars, but am a huge hater of those who have trust funds and take pretty pictures and drive cars i could never afford even tho i work my ass off.

      it's looking like a legitimate tuner has sold out by catering to these faddy douches.
      You do realize the guy made all his money working his ass off exploiting the people you hate - if anything he should be your god damn hero.

      http://www.fakerich.com/2008/12/mark...al-mad-genius/

    19. #89
      Member Tokyosmash's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2007
      Location
      Clarksville, Tenneessee
      Posts
      1,963
      Quote Originally Posted by ohsnappe2 View Post
      respect to real driver cars and car that get driven

      Not going to lie at all, this car (besides the stensil work) looks perfect, the Tarmac wheels really compliment it.

    20. #90
      Quote Originally Posted by sirswank View Post
      i love the idea of these cars and how they come out, but i am really sad to see them over here in the hands of the elite poser crowd. bedazzled "illest" really? if that car is used as intended, that will be ripped off on the first berm.

      love the cars, but am a huge hater of those who have trust funds and take pretty pictures and drive cars i could never afford even tho i work my ass off.

      it's looking like a legitimate tuner has sold out by catering to these faddy douches.
      the best part about this is you think that everyone in Japan that owns a RWB car is somehow deserving...like they're all mini Walter Lohll's

      something not in america=super best thing ever
      in america=faddy douche


      super lolz
      so it goes... ಠ_ಠ

    21. #91
      I think I mentioned this in the last RWB thread too, factory Porsche with bolt-on flare or widebody are meant to accommodate the suspension modification on the race car, different geometry and whatnot. Not just bolt-on coil-overs and wheel spacers. It may well be that the car RWB work the magic on have very legit mods and work underneath, but RWB is mainly a body kit transformation. You can see in on the product of their site.

    22. #92
      Banned sirswank's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2003
      Location
      RI
      Posts
      7,045
      Quote Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
      You do realize the guy made all his money working his ass off exploiting the people you hate - if anything he should be your god damn hero.
      there is something to be said for the people who start these things because that's what they are into, and then figure out how to make money doing it. the guy who started it gets respect, sure. same with the single guy who builds the RWB cars. the people who work hard to build their "empires" are one thing. but the people jump on the bandwagon because it's cool and trendy ruin it. look at any car "scene" or currently popular retro brand.

      look at what boyd and foose turned out and where they went after they sold out. so how long before the trendsetters start catering to their followers in order to keep making money, and what happens when the next new thing pops up and the sheeple move on?


      Quote Originally Posted by HASSELHOF View Post
      the best part about this is you think that everyone in Japan that owns a RWB car is somehow deserving...like they're all mini Walter Lohll's

      something not in america=super best thing ever
      in america=faddy douche


      super lolz
      they aren't deserving because racecar, but there is something to the fact that this style originated in japan and since the cars were one off by a single person, there was an elite status to having one.

      now it comes to america, where it's watered down, stickered up, and called original. the pool of people who can afford it is larger here, and a majority of those buyers won't appreciate the time and skill it takes to create on of these. they'll just want it because it's the newest cool thing. they'll be internet stars for a week or so and get a crowd at C&C.

      i'll say it first, i don't deserve a RWB because i could not properly appreciate and use it. i also probably sound like some hipster who's whining because their favorite underground band just got airplay on the pop radio station. fine, but i just think some things need to stay small.

    23. #93
      Member Tokyosmash's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2007
      Location
      Clarksville, Tenneessee
      Posts
      1,963
      Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
      I think I mentioned this in the last RWB thread too, factory Porsche with bolt-on flare or widebody are meant to accommodate the suspension modification on the race car, different geometry and whatnot. Not just bolt-on coil-overs and wheel spacers. It may well be that the car RWB work the magic on have very legit mods and work underneath, but RWB is mainly a body kit transformation. You can see in on the product of their site.
      The point of bolt on flares is ease of change when they get busted while racing.

    24. #94
      Quote Originally Posted by sirswank View Post
      there is something to be said for the people who start these things because that's what they are into, and then figure out how to make money doing it. the guy who started it gets respect, sure. same with the single guy who builds the RWB cars. the people who work hard to build their "empires" are one thing. but the people jump on the bandwagon because it's cool and trendy ruin it. look at any car "scene" or currently popular retro brand.
      .
      RWB has been around a long time. I have Japanese magazines with their cars from 2001. Part of the companies build process is every car is slightly unique and they only build one per customer - evar.

      There are only a dozen or so RWB actually out there, Mark, being the first American to have one has hardly "ruined" the seen.

      The sheer cost, $30k Porsche + $20k parts + Labor will ensure this is not the next Scion xB.

      So one dude, who built his own brand and company, works at Nike, and is the only guy in America with 1 of maybe 30 cars did not "ruin the scene" or "bandwagon jumped" or helped "play out a fad".

      How can something be a fad when only 30 people have done it?


      I think stock original 964s are played out and just a fad.

    25. #95
      Quote Originally Posted by sirswank View Post
      there is something to be said for the people who start these things because that's what they are into, and then figure out how to make money doing it. the guy who started it gets respect, sure. same with the single guy who builds the RWB cars. the people who work hard to build their "empires" are one thing. but the people jump on the bandwagon because it's cool and trendy ruin it. look at any car "scene" or currently popular retro brand.

      look at what boyd and foose turned out and where they went after they sold out. so how long before the trendsetters start catering to their followers in order to keep making money, and what happens when the next new thing pops up and the sheeple move on?



      they aren't deserving because racecar, but there is something to the fact that this style originated in japan and since the cars were one off by a single person, there was an elite status to having one.

      now it comes to america, where it's watered down, stickered up, and called original. the pool of people who can afford it is larger here, and a majority of those buyers won't appreciate the time and skill it takes to create on of these. they'll just want it because it's the newest cool thing. they'll be internet stars for a week or so and get a crowd at C&C.

      i'll say it first, i don't deserve a RWB because i could not properly appreciate and use it. i also probably sound like some hipster who's whining because their favorite underground band just got airplay on the pop radio station. fine, but i just think some things need to stay small.
      at least you admit to how stupid you sound.

      If you like his cars so much, why wouldn't you like to see him be successful? It's the most asinine concept ever. Do you think AMG was cooler when they were building engines out of a barn in Burgstetten? How about if Porsche never "sold-out" and Ferry just continued building the 356 in that saw mill in Austria and only building cars for his friends while Herr Dr stayed true as just a consultant.

      sooo, even though Nakai-san is still personally hand building these 3 cars exactly to the same aesthetic and style as all his other cars, (i'll give you that the wheels are different since they don't have Meister's), somehow these are magically now watered down?

      I don't understand this mysticism with lands over the Atlantic and Pacific.
      so it goes... ಠ_ಠ

    26. #96
      Quote Originally Posted by Tokyosmash View Post
      Not going to lie at all, this car (besides the stensil work) looks perfect, the Tarmac wheels really compliment it.
      Agreed, it looks great. And I am not a fan of the RWB cars normally...

    27. #97
      Moderator aar0n.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2004
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      11,550
      Quote Originally Posted by HASSELHOF View Post
      sooo, even though Nakai-san is still personally hand building these 3 cars exactly to the same aesthetic and style as all his other cars, (i'll give you that the wheels are different since they don't have Meister's), somehow these are magically now watered down?

      I don't understand this mysticism with lands over the Atlantic and Pacific.
      I was just about to post this. Nakai is still the only one building RWB cars. The 3 US RWBs are no different than the ones he recently built in the UK and Thailand (his first ventures outside of Japan). There is nothing watered down about any of the US cars and they are also far from just "poseur" cars seeing as the Hoonigans one is a real 965 Turbo and the Signal Green Fatlace (Pandora One) isn't a stock 964 with some big fenders (also has a turbo).
      Flickr™
      DubCult.

    28. #98
      Member Cousin Eddie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2005
      Location
      Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      14,539
      Here's a ****ing genius idea! If you see a thread title that says "RWB" or "RAUH-Welt" how about you just don't click on it if it's not your "style" or "taste"?

      It's like religion or politics in O/T, I simply don't click on them.

      A lot of you nancys trying to dis-credit this man's work are ridiculous. It's like you're trying to prove how cool you are by hating on these people who in your eyes are simply posers who think they're cool. Little bit of a double standard.

      Most of you drive vanilla bland-mobiles or tarted up econoboxes and are just upset because your wife doesn't do that thing with her tongue since you got married. Get the **** over yourself and let people do what they want with their cars and money. Jealousy is a weak emotion.

      I don't like Justin Bieber either, but apparently there's a huge market for him and his music. I just don't pay attention to it, it doesn't change my day any.

    29. #99
      Moderator aar0n.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2004
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      11,550
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam144 View Post
      Here's a ****ing genius idea! If you see a thread title that says "RWB" or "RAUH-Welt" how about you just don't click on it if it's not your "style" or "taste"?

      It's like religion or politics in O/T, I simply don't click on them.

      A lot of you nancys trying to dis-credit this man's work are ridiculous. It's like you're trying to prove how cool you are by hating on these people who in your eyes are simply posers who think they're cool. Little bit of a double standard.

      Most of you drive vanilla bland-mobiles or tarted up econoboxes and are just upset because your wife doesn't do that thing with her tongue since you got married. Get the **** over yourself and let people do what they want with their cars and money. Jealousy is a weak emotion.

      I don't like Justin Bieber either, but apparently there's a huge market for him and his music. I just don't pay attention to it, it doesn't change my day any.
      Applause
      Flickr™
      DubCult.

    30. #100
      Member
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2001
      Location
      DC Metro
      Posts
      7,173
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam144 View Post
      Here's a ****ing genius idea! If you see a thread title that says "RWB" or "RAUH-Welt" how about you just don't click on it if it's not your "style" or "taste"?
      I think people came in here wondering who Raul Welt is.
      Dirtbox Radio Drum & Bass
      Ellen the Jetta Reba the Ranger

      Quote Originally Posted by Jamez View Post
      You might think you'll be fine if you don't do anything wrong but remember : you are not the one deciding what is right or wrong.

    31. #101
      Member rsj0714's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 3rd, 2006
      Location
      Greensboro, NC
      Posts
      3,215
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam144 View Post
      Here's a ****ing genius idea! If you see a thread title that says "RWB" or "RAUH-Welt" how about you just don't click on it if it's not your "style" or "taste"?

      It's like religion or politics in O/T, I simply don't click on them.

      A lot of you nancys trying to dis-credit this man's work are ridiculous. It's like you're trying to prove how cool you are by hating on these people who in your eyes are simply posers who think they're cool. Little bit of a double standard.

      Most of you drive vanilla bland-mobiles or tarted up econoboxes and are just upset because your wife doesn't do that thing with her tongue since you got married. Get the **** over yourself and let people do what they want with their cars and money. Jealousy is a weak emotion.

      I don't like Justin Bieber either, but apparently there's a huge market for him and his music. I just don't pay attention to it, it doesn't change my day any.
      Can this be the new car lounge banner?
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      Station wagons are for moms and Europe.

    32. #102
      Member ttvick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15th, 2007
      Location
      Fayetteville, NC
      Posts
      1,127

    33. #103
      Member Cousin Eddie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2005
      Location
      Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      14,539
      Quote Originally Posted by odj View Post
      I think people came in here wondering who Raul Welt is.
      No the same people visit RWB threads again and again to talk about how ****ty these cars are and how they are poser cars. Meanwhile they spend the majority of their time on the internet being critics instead of doing something impressive or passionate with their lives. Even if I didn't like what he does to these cars (and I love them) I would respect the man's passion for the sculpting he does. It really is an art regardless of your tastes.

      And again, a lot of you have no idea how a Porsche suspension works.

    34. #104
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam144 View Post
      No the same people visit RWB threads again and again to talk about how ****ty these cars are and how they are poser cars. Meanwhile they spend the majority of their time on the internet being critics instead of doing something impressive or passionate with their lives. Even if I didn't like what he does to these cars (and I love them) I would respect the man's passion for the sculpting he does. It really is an art regardless of your tastes.

      And again, a lot of you have no idea how a Porsche suspension works.

      Dealing with criticism is a two street. What matters is that people have mutual respect for each others opinions. That is a huge problem with TCL and the internet at times. Why do you care if someone comes in to say they don't like them? Sure they can ignore the thread, but it is their right to read it also. You have your opinion and that should be all that matters to you.

      I do have an inquiry about the RWB cars. How well finished are the inside of his bolted fender flares?

    35. #105
      Quote Originally Posted by odj View Post
      I think people came in here wondering who Raul Welt is.
      For as Europeon as this forum thinks it is... You should already know it's not a person, just Deutsch for "Rough World", hence the rawness of the cars.

    Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •