Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

The best wrist guards money can buy?

So my age (37) caught up to my skating abilities and I broke my wrist a few weeks ago while riding with my son. I have never been a huge protective gear wearing guy but i think its time to get some wrist guards. Anyone have any first hand experience? Are the S-One Damage Control any good?
      zoom-zoom

To be honest, wrist guards can do more harm than good. You can end up with a broken arm instead of wrist. I've seen it happen more than once when I used to work at park way back when.

My age caught up to me on my 37th b-day. I ate shjt messing around at a local park and bent my pinky finger back to my wrist.

Been usin' some older S-One wrist guards since I fractured and displaced my wrist 6 or so years ago. No complaints really. They fit (me) well and are comfortable (for me). Well padded, stiff enough to prevent injury, but not too stiff. I've taken some pretty nasty falls since using them and have had zero wrist (or arm) pain. I'm not sure if they're damage control's or not, but they look very similar sans the graphics. 2 minutes into the session I forget that I even have them on, unlike knee pads which I've never been able to find a completely comfortable set. I wear um pretty much all the time, and throw in some knee pads and a helmet when I'm at a park (which is ultra super rare now a days).

Kinda random, but you might poke around on some roller derby forums or ask a derby girl if you know one. They tend to know their sh*t when it comes to protective gear, whereas skaters avoid the topic until they're old or get a get a ticket at their local park.
      [B]-Salty
      Saltywayz | SKE Forums

Quote Originally Posted by pridgener View Post
      My name is pridgener, I attribute my dexterity to my hard work. The only thing that you can benefit is the hard work, therefore I use to follow it. Hard work is a way to success.
      CORNSTATUS | MKIII Magazine | #BurnAllTheMK3s | HARLEQUIN | IG: @eric_englot
      Quote Originally Posted by White Jetta View Post
      You've never taken a satisfying dump until you've squatted down somewhere outside during a full moon night on top of a fresh snowfall, with the cool crisp winter air carressing your balls.
      Best dump I ever had!

That guy is either a spammer or a wise old man who just found the internet exists. Check out his other post in the Shimano ICE Brakes thread:

Cycling and biking has become a fashion nowadays as they are considered as the perfect fitness regimen by most of the people. Initially, it seems intimidating to many of us, but now the introduction of new and sophisticated bikes has changed this obsession of people.

187 pads have a decent wrist guard

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
      -Invisible-